About Social Traders
About the role
This position has been developed to grow the number of Social Traders certified social enterprises and maintain existing certifications. Social Traders currently has over 300 certified social enterprises and is working towards a 25% increase by December 2020.
Growing the number of ST certified social enterprises offers more opportunities for business and government to spend with social enterprises, which can generate more impact in Australian communities.
Social Traders certification function is focused on:
- Efficient and effective assessment of social enterprise applications for certification and re-certification
- Maintaining the relevance of ST certification in an evolving marketplace
- Elevating ST certification in Australia
Social Traders has a word class certification framework, that puts impact at the heart of social enterprise. It offers assurance to stakeholders of social procurement they are working with genuine social enterprises, as well as setting a robust standard for Australian social enterprises. Our framework is developmental, and we support social enterprises to meet a higher standard over time.
This position will focus on the following key activities:
- Assessing new applications for ST certification
- Engaging ST certified social enterprises through re-certification
Skills and experience
- Highly developed relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation
- Understanding of social enterprise and the benefits they deliver
- Ability to interpret financials statements
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and the mission and values of Social Traders
- Location: We have an office in Brisbane and also in Melbourne so this person could be based in either location. There is also the option for flex and working from home
- Days/hours: 4 days or a 9-day fortnight
- Salary: $70-$75k including super (full time equivalent)
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate! Over the holidays, our response might be delayed, we will be looking to get in touch in the last 1/2 of January.
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam here.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.