Homes for Homes is a social enterprise by The Big Issue
All people have a right to secure and safe accommodation, yet Australia has 116,000 homeless and a chronic shortage of more than 200,000 homes (forecast to be over 600,000 by 2030). The flow-on effects make this Australia’s biggest social issue.
A proven scalable model, Homes for Homes is an independent social enterprise that will:
- Raise new private capital via voluntary tax-deductible donations on property transactions
- Invest funds to increase supply of social and affordable dwellings
- Create generational change, strengthening communities
Recognising Australia’s chronic shortage of social and affordable housing, The Big Issue carefully designed Homes for Homes as an independent generational initiative to facilitate the community working together to tackle this issue that affects all Australians. For more information please refer to www.homesforhomes.com.au.
The Homes for Homes State Partnerships Manager is responsible for developing, managing, engaging and servicing external stakeholders, with a key focus on the property sector.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, each State Partnership Manager will contribute to the Homes for Homes vision by nurturing and growing existing and new partnerships. Central to this position is the establishment of strategies for business development, leading Homes for Homes through its next stage of development.
Each State Partnerships Manager will have full responsibility for the delivery of two key result areas within their States and/or Territories:
- Business Growth – to increase participation in the Homes for Homes initiative by implementing business development strategies and contracting property and urban land developers
- Building Brand Awareness – familiarise and normalise Homes for Homes across the residential and commercial property sector by participating in industry events and networking opportunities
This role works with key internal stakeholders including finance, administration, marketing and communications to deliver results against the Homes for Homes business plan.
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Prospect for potential new development projects and turn these into increased business
- Meet potential property developers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential development projects, and the decision makers within the wholesale property market and establish meetings
- Plan approaches and pitches, working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the prospect’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion, using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends and opportunities
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market, and working with the Marketing Manager, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Draft, negotiate and execute contracts in line with business processes
- Manage contractual relationships, ensuring the delivery of contract obligations
- Submit progress reports in line with business development meetings and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within Salesforce
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with the property developers, financial institutions, government and private entities nationally to facilitate the work of Homes for Homes
- In partnership with the Marketing and Partnerships Manager, develop and deliver education strategies designed to increase brand awareness and Homes for Homes retention within the residential and commercial property sector
What skills will you need to be successful in this role?
- Experience working with property developers and other property stakeholders
- Proven experience in business development and account management with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Account management of existing stakeholders and development of new business opportunities
- Excellent skills and extensive experience in writing briefs, reports, correspondence and submissions for a range of different audiences, within tight timeframes
- Ability to build effective networks and relationships across a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgement when dealing with confidential and highly complex information
- Exceptional written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key corporate partners and stakeholders
- A high level of professionalism and organisation
- Strong teamwork and independent decision-making skills
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise work
- Be innovative and a lateral thinker
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Management, or related areas
All positions at Homes for Homes are designed to meet the organisation’s goals. To achieve these goals, we need people who communicate, support, commit, lead, motivate, perform and adapt.
What’s the deal?
- Hours: 24 hours, done as it suits you
- Contract: this is a 12 month, part time rolling contract with leave entitlements etc.
- Salary: $100k Full Time Equivalent, plus Super (so $60k plus super for the 24 hours). Note this role is eligible for the tax benefits for charitable organisations
- Location: Sydney CBD, we are co-located with the wonderful Big Issue team, with working from home options
- Travel: this role will cover the NSW and ACT regions, so some travel to Canberra will be required. This might be day trips if it suits you once a month for instance, or for the occasional conference might be overnight
Please apply here through Beam if this looks exciting. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter addressing these 4 questions…
- Why do your skills, experience and aptitude make you the best match for this role?
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- Why would you like to be a part of this organisation’s story?
- What impact do you want to have in this role?
We’re looking forward to meeting you!