This role brings together project management, event strategy, content development, partner engagement and end-to-end delivery, to position Stone & Chalk as a Thought Leader through dynamic and interactive events.
You will lead the events team and be responsible for building, maintaining and managing relationships with current and prospective event clients and partners, as well as lead commercial negotiations to co-create and deliver events that bring benefit to start-ups, corporate partners and the wider Fintech community. You will be responsible for achieving event financial targets to reinvest into the future growth of the Fintech community and ecosystem across Australia and APAC.
In addition to overseeing the delivery of inbound client event requests, you will be both responsible for executing, and accountable for the success of 2017 Stone & Chalk Event Strategy. This Event Strategy is focussed on showcasing industry eminence, advancing resident startups and partners along the collaboration curve through events targeting specific problems that lead to business for both groups, and accelerating innovation through workshops that share proven tools and techniques.
As part of the Strategy, which aims to deliver one major event per month, you will be responsible for project management, financial management, sponsor and speaker engagement and management, and all event management including communications, logistics and post-event follow up.
You will work with your direct report, the Event Coordinator to ensure each event (both external S&C events, as well as client events) are logistically and seamlessly executed, to schedule, on budget, and with adequate resourcing.
You will work alongside the Events Strategy Consultant who will: advise on strategic vision of the 2017 program of events; help to shape and refine the events; create compelling whitepapers to accompany the strategy; and brief speakers.
You will work with the Communications Coordinator to develop the communications plan for each event, ensuring that in addition to the promotions and social, we are also publishing thought leadership pieces, which have a life beyond the events.
You will form a team of Senior event leads, who will be incentivised to target their extensive network to bring deal flow to S&C.
We are looking for someone with the following:
– a demonstrated ability to achieve predetermined targets and deadlines when negotiating, designing, managing and delivering an event strategy and annual program of activity, with revenue generation outcomes.
– Experience which shows strong project and team management skills; you are a supportive leader and clear communicator, posses an ability to think commercially and manage events end-to-end leading and developing the team, from the commercial design to quality execution, building credibility and repeat custom due to a commitment to excellence. If you already understand and have experience of Fintech that would be ideal!
– With external consultant support on the research, design and curating of a profitable and sustainable events business model for S&C, your attention will be focused on the project management of the complete 2017 events strategy (including accompanying white papers) to ensure financial and key milestones and reports are in place, to help guide and develop the events team, and enable real-time updates and tracking to the wider team.
– Operational Efficiency Run and communicate the events program calendar to the wider team. Lead the events team through the endto-end event process: from kick off through key milestones, roles and responsibilities, key metrics and tracking updates to ensure event success. Lead post event debrief with team and gather observations/ feedback to continuously automate and improve the events planning and delivery process at Stone & Chalk. Build on the adopted technology platforms to support project organisation and drive efficiency. Ensure other events e.g. resident led and community events are also managed in the same efficient manner to achieve quality results and contribute to the overall S&C community. You will be responsible to ensure there is balance in event space usage across the various stakeholders and communities that benefit from the event space and the content shared at such events.
– Event Marketing You will work closely with the Communications Coordinator to ensure the events are widely broadcast and communicated across the Financial/ Fintech community. Together you will plan targeted event marketing and communications to drive event participation via social media, direct mail marketing, etc. and ensure relevant audiences are targeted building awareness of Stone & Chalk’s role as a thought leader within Fintech.
– Team Culture & Ways of Working Contribute, support and cultivate a close working relationship with all members of the wider S&C team, to strive for collective team success in achieving the S&C mission. You will lead, coach and mentor your direct reports and support them with their career development, through timely feedback and encouragement within their roles and responsibilities.
This is a senior role reporting directly to the CEO, and leading a team including an Event Strategist research & consultant, Events Coordinator, Business Development/Lead and Event Casual Staff.
If you think you have the passion and skills to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply now through Beam.