Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become a Cloud first, Mobile first company. At the same time, mobility and devices are two of the fastest growing and most top of mind issues for large Enterprises. Winning with Surface Devices is core to driving this transformation and capturing this opportunity.
The Microsoft Surface portfolio presents amazing opportunities for businesses. Commercial sales of Surface are growing rapidly, and we are looking for highly-experienced and motivated sales talent to help customers realize the value of Surface in their business. If you are a proven talent with experience in hardware sales, help us take this product to new heights in a market with millions of passionate customers and billions of dollars in business. We are an unmatched team comprised of talent, passion, expertise, and commitment.
As a Surface Solution Specialist you will:
Be the Surface sales leader and expert for the Canberra territory and it’s accounts, as part of the Modern Workplace team:
- Drive new revenue growth across a wide variety of Surface devices (Pro, Hub, Book, Studio, Laptop) by showing excellence in pipeline & inventory management to achieve monthly forecasts
- Deliver customer business transformation and success through accelerated adoption and usage resulting in customer references that can be leveraged in future sales engagements
- Compete aggressively and proactively to win new business and share through differentiated customer business value
- Deliver briefings to customers, including Early Adopter Programs, to drive success of new and updated first party-devices
Be the interface to the customer and orchestrate a v-team of resources to solve customer problems:
- Extend relationships beyond IT to business decision makers, helping customers envision & achieve digital transformation
- Solve customer business challenges by presenting the value of Surface devices, including use cases, financial analysis, ROI, etc.
- Own opportunities from start to close by orchestrating virtual teams consisting of technical and partner roles; leverage partners to scale sales on hardware refresh, upsell and expand sales motions
- Support operational execution of complex deals with operations and product teams
- Collaborate with other technical and sales roles to close sales
- Make others great at selling Surface devices
Stay sharp and assist Microsoft transform how we deliver value to customers:
- Continuously nurture and expand sales, business, technology, and competitive readiness
- Participate in internal Microsoft sales communities and in the broader industry through events, yammer, community gatherings and more
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute on complex opportunities.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential.
- Amazing Salesperson: Exhibits outstanding operational excellence, including forecasting, healthy pipeline development, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration.
- 5-10 years of experience in enterprise sales; 3-5 years of experience in hardware / device sales preferred.
- Proven success in closing complex deals and technical understanding of devices and commercial requirements.
- Good understanding of Microsoft’s business model and sales model.
- Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
- Leader: Demonstrated sales and partner management experience; strong passion for building and driving a business.
- Challenger mindset: Competes to win new market share.
- Influential: Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to C-level business decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology related discipline (required)
- Additional training in sales, business or marketing (preferred)
- We are partnering with Beam on this, our first part-time role. We have scoped the role for 24-30 hours per week.
- Please apply here through Beam prior to May 15th. We will review applications as and when they are submitted.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Related Jobs (6)
Sales & Marketing Manager | Melbourne | Part time, 3-4 days on February 21, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Partnerships Manager | Mums & Co | Sydney | Part-time: 20 hours/week on February 17, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Sales Capability Coach | Melbourne | Part time 3 days (closed) on December 10, 2018 Permanent Part Time