Who we are
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a social purpose organisation that works with partners to improve the lives of people in need in Australia by helping businesses, governments and philanthropists to be more effective funders and social purpose organisations to be more effective at delivering services. SVA’s Connect team provides key enabling and support services to the organisation, including across People and Culture. With continued growth across the organisation, there is a need for a medium-term Talent Acquisition Specialist in support of People & Culture service delivery across all full-life cycle recruitment services.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture and partnering with business unit leads and hiring managers, the Talent Acquisition Specialist provides full-life cycle recruitment services in support of SVA delivering on its 2020 strategy. The position leads the proactive sourcing of quality talent and best practice, innovative approaches to candidate assessment, while strategically guiding candidates through the SVA recruitment experience to secure high-quality talent to SVA.
Who you are
In this position, we are seeking demonstrated success in a recruitment consultant role with exposure to recruiting mid to senior management roles in a complex organisation. You will have proven capacity to work effectively with senior leaders to achieve strategic goals and drive best practice recruitment and talent management. Applied market and sector knowledge (e.g. social sector, management consulting) to develop tailored talent and recruitment strategies with previous expertise in executive search methodologies will see you be successful in this role.
As a member of SVA’s Connect team you will collaborate with a highly committed team with a breadth of expertise across the business and social sectors. The focus of this role will see you forging close relationships with inspiring colleagues and stakeholders working on society’s most important challenges.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Partner with business unit leads and hiring managers in the end-to-end SVA recruitment process, including sourcing, screening, interview and other assessment facilitation and feedback to ensure top talent is appointed to SVA
- Proactively source talent, enabling SVA to successfully attract and appoint the highest quality candidates to our positions
- Attract and source candidates through a variety of channels, including research and candidate mapping, online job boards, LinkedIn, social media sourcing and campaigns, referrals and targeted partnerships (e.g. Business Schools)
- Perform strategic sourcing and research activities, such as targeted sector and candidate mapping to identify high-quality talent for open positions, as well as building a pool of candidates
- Actively engage SVA’s Employee Value Proposition in attracting and sourcing prospective candidates
- Advise and guide business unit leads and hiring managers in tailored interviews and other assessment methods, including facilitation of quality reference checks undertaken by hiring managers
- Guide candidates through the SVA recruitment experience, ensuring a full understanding of SVA’s Employee Value Proposition in negotiating and advancing candidate appointments
- Lead on special projects relating to SVA’s talent acquisition agenda (e.g. distilling SVA’s EVP for target candidate groups)
- Manage administration relating to recruitment processes, including KPI reporting; recruitment related record management and in liaison with HR Officer, on-boarding requirements
- Other responsibilities as may be required.
SVA values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you have the knowledge and experience we’re looking for and are excited at the prospect of contributing to SVA’s People & Culture agenda, please submit your CV (max 3 pages) and a statement (max 1 page) addressing the person requirements which can be found in the position description at this link here.
Application deadline is midnight AEST Sunday 18 February 2018