This bookkeeping firm is a new company that has been designed by a team of experienced accountants, entrepreneurs and finance professionals based in Sydney, Australia. Through utilising the latest technology, and processes designed by industry leaders we provide real-time financial insights to our small business client base.
We are now hiring for an account manager, whose role will be based entirely on customer satisfaction and on-boarding of clients. This role has an expectation of ZERO chargeable work. You will be managing an experienced team who will be processing information on a daily basis. It is your role to review the quality of this work and provide our clients with an exceptional client experience.
Before you decide to apply, it is only fair that we make you aware of the culture, so that you are aware of our work principles and what you can expect from us.
- Do the best you can. Our team are the ones who are always asking, “What else can I do?”, or “what can be done better? ”. They crave creating value and becoming part of the solution for our business and for our clients. We never accept average.
- Do the right thing. Be Accountable! See it…Own it… Solve it… Do it, Have a Plan, Work to the Plan.
- Show people that you care. We always show respect. We show and express appreciation, and we have each other’s back. We deeply value the professional relationship we have with our clients.
If you can commit to and live with these principles, then you’re the type of person who will be successful and help our company thrive. If you feel this level of accountability is not right for you, that you’re not willing or able to engage with us at this level and take the steps necessary to do what you say you are going to do and be accountable for your actions, then we are not a good fit for you.
We understand that not every person is ready for this level of commitment, and we appreciate the honesty of those who decide this is not the right place for them. On the other hand, if you feel that working in a culture that values and rewards personal accountability is important to you, then you must apply.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Team Leader role will require you to be 100% responsible for the management of a team who is performing the daily bookkeeping tasks for a portfolio of clients. The team will be a combination of off-shore (Philippines) and local team members. You will ultimately be measured by client satisfaction and the quality of work we deliver.
- You will work directly with the CEO who will commit to coaching you in your journey to become an outstanding accounting professional.
- Our belief is that accountants should only do accounting work, so we have eliminated administrative tasks from this role, and this includes NO TIMESHEETS, NO ASIC, NO ATO ADMIN, NO INVOICING, NO TRAINING OF JUNIORS.
The core duties of the role, include:
- Achieve mutually agreed on targets
- Review the monthly management accounts of your team’s client base
- Prepare Business Activity Statements and other tax forms as required
- Review your teams workpapers and file notes that support all work completed
- Develop enduring relationships with clients
- Participate enduring relationships with clients
- Participate in external and internal training as required
- Pro-actively manage your personal and professional development
- Keep up to date with changes in core accounting and tax-related software
- Live our Culture and Principles
- Most importantly – Be challenged in what you do (always be growing) and enjoy the process
Skills and experience
In order to excel in this role, we expect that you will have the following skills and experience: At least 4 years Business Services experience in a small accounting firm, or you have run your own accounting/bookkeeping business managing a team.
- Be CA/ CPA Qualified (preferred but not essential)
- Have a stable work track record
- Experience in several business services firms is an advantage
- Know what you want (and what you don’t want in a role)
- You are an “A” Player and looking for an opportunity to shine
- You believe that performance and financial rewards are directly linked
Experience in the following software is essential to your role:
- Practice Management: Xero Practice Manager
- Accounting Business Software: Xero, MYOB AccountRight and Essentials, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office
- Other Software (highly desirable, but not essential)
- Dashboard Reporting Tools: Spotlight Reporting/ Fathom Dashboard Reporting Tools: Spotlight Reporting/ Fathom HQ/ etc
- Helpdesk Software: Zen Desk or similar to manage queries
Job Benefits and Perks
- Working with market leading professionals in the accounting space
- You decide the progress and course of your professional career
- Be working with the founders as the first full-time employee in Sydney
- We pay your annual CA/ CPA fees
- Individual training budget of $1,000 per year to spend on mutually agreed courses
- Sydney CBD office
- Direct coaching from CEO for professional and personal development
- International travel to Philippines office, if required by the business
- No fluff, we talk straight – you know where you stand
- Your opinion matters – we value and welcome your thoughts on the direction of the firm
- If things can be done better, speak up and own it – See it… Own it… Solve it… Do it
What’s the deal?
- 25 hours across 5 days
- Opportunity to work flexibly – from home or the Ledgr office based in Park Street, Sydney
- Salary Package $80-$90k including Super (Full Time Equivalent)
We have come to Beam to find you because we love the work philosophy of high-calibre people working in ways that suit them, while still allowing them to deliver results,including the delivery of amazing client service.
**IMPORTANT** To demonstrate your ability to understand client’s needs and your attention to detail, please provide the answer to the following question in your cover letter for this role and apply through Beam. Question – What are our 3 key work principles?