• Flexible work options – work smarter and in a way that suits your lifestyle
• Work with a diverse and exciting client base
• Join a collaborative and supportive environment with like minded people
PwC is committed to building strong relationships that help our clients and our people realise their ambitions. We offer a dynamic culture well renowned for its technical excellence and innovative approach. At PwC you’ll have the opportunity to learn from a global network of energetic and inspirational professionals who will help you build a diverse and enduring career in your chosen field.
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. Whether you’re improving healthcare, creating smarter cities or building Australia’s start-up industry from the ground up, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems every day.
The Corporate Valuations Advisory team helps clients to understand and model the value implications of restructuring and investment choices and assist in commercial negotiations by providing advice around the value of businesses, equity instruments and options.
As a Manager your impact will be seen through the the utilisation of your applied experience in Valuations and your ability to act as a trusted advisor in the market and a point of reference and support for your peers.
Success in this role does come down to a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile in order to achieve. The CVA service offering includes:
• Commercial and compliance-based valuations to enhance management’s value position for transactions, tax and accounting;
• Independent Expert Reports (or Fairness Opinions) for shareholders;
• Financial reporting related valuation work including purchase price allocations, employee share options and impairment testing; &
• General corporate finance advice including capital structure, shareholder value analysis and cost of capital advice.
About the role:
This opportunity will see you join a well-established and forward thinking team of experts who will assist you build your technical skill set and general business knowledge. Your primary focus as a Manager will be to ensure the highest level of service delivery on all engagements. Responsibilities will include:
• Managing and delivering valuation on client engagements,
• Coaching and developing a team of talented juniors to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
• Formulate and deliver client reports and recommendations
• Design and develop financial models
• Valuations research including comparable company, industry and market analysis
• Utilisation of advanced quantitative techniques such as Monte Carlos simulation and options pricing
• Strengthening existing client relationships and assisting in business development
You have a solid background in commerce, finance, or accounting and are highly analytical. You will be able to communicate confidently with a broad range of stakeholders and work effectively as part of a team in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
To be considered in application, you will need a commerce degree (majoring in accounting and finance), or a degree in financial maths or finance (Hons) with strong results. Experience in or exposure to financial modelling will be an advantage. A desire to complete further study, such as the CA, Finsia or CFA will also be highly regarded.
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer:
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a creative and collaborative team that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients and access a global network spanning 157 countries.
Our culture and benefits are the reason why we were recognised as Australia’s number one workplace by LinkedIn. Our state of the art offices embrace the very best technology has to offer and each person has access to flexible work options. Our dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the kind of work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the centre of everything we do. At PwC, you will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We are committed to helping our people unleash their passion and potential. Hard work does not go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you have a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.