Spark CFO offers virtual CFO solutions and support to SMEs, assisting them to make informed and confident decisions that drive the success of their business. There is a strong focus on helping SMEs look to the future, improving their profit and cash position.
About the role
We are growing and now require the support of a virtual CFO to join our team! You will work directly with clients, mainly in the ecommerce, personal services and creative industries.
Some of the key responsibilities include analysing financial information, providing support and guidance, providing management reports and KPIs, cash flow forecasting and budgeting. Initially this role will also support the business in current client deliverables, preparing proposals as well helping to put in place more efficient and robust processes.
You will need to have the ability to build relationships across different levels of business; a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to support their business in:
● Providing financial information for decision making.
● Forecasting and managing cash flow for clients.
● Reviewing and developing annual budgets.
● Modelling & Scenario Analysis
● Ensuring sound financial/accounting processes and overall financial management systems are in place.
● Reviewing and implementing strong internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information.
● Completing and ensuring accuracy of all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
● Assist with the implementation of finance and support systems
● Review and provide guidance on investment decisions
● Managing and reviewing payroll, tax reporting and compliance as well as other statutory reporting requirements.
Relevant experience and qualifications
● CA or CPA required.
● 10+ years of broad-based accounting experience required. Experience working with small to medium businesses ideally.
● Strong understanding of accounting, financial and internal-control principles required.
● Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
● Committed, dedicated and with high energy levels and strong drive for results.
● Computer-literate with experience in using financial / analysis tools. Excel proficiency required.
● Experience with Xero is highly valued.
● Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently, and manage deadlines.
● Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
● A Tertiary qualification (Commerce or Business preferred)
- Part time: 15-30 hours per week. This is a super flexible role, with the opportunity to set the hours/days worked and leave taken to suit childcare or other personal commitments.
- Salary: $75 – $90 per hour inclusive of superannuation (negotiable depending upon skills & experience).
- Location: This role can be done remotely from anywhere within Australia!
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!