Cricket Australia is the custodian of elite and community cricket in Australia, with a vision for cricket to be ‘Australia’s favourite sport – a sport for all Australians’ and with a purpose to inspire everyone to love cricket.
A not-for-profit organisation, we are passionate about creating vibrant communities, using Cricket as a catalyst.
This position is all about growing and engaging Cricket Australia’s volunteer community.
Reporting to the Clubs & Competitions Manager, you will be accountable for providing high quality insights, analysis and advice to inform the development of services to connect and support community volunteers.
The role recognises that volunteers lie at the heart of community cricket and is about ensuring our sport can continue to thrive under a volunteer delivery model that provides great experiences to participants.
This is a strategic role – to impact our Participants and Volunteers, to create the best participation experiences to grow cricket, to help us become a leading sport for women and girls, and to use technology to deliver great experiences to fans, participants and volunteers. This role will support our strategy by transforming how we lead, serve and unite the cricket community.
What you bring to the role
You are a strategic thinker with excellent research and enquiry skills, the ability to provide quality insights and analysis, and have experience and empathy for community sport and volunteering. You can build meaningful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. You are looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact on Australian communities via the future of cricket and want to work in a stimulating and exciting environment.
What’s the deal?
Hours: 4 days a week or equivalent across 5
Location: Jolimont, Melbourne
Package: Cricket Australia offer a competitive salary package and extensive employee benefits including, salary packaging, gym access and discounts with our corporate partners
- Develop a deep understanding of our volunteers with improved data capture and research so that we can better anticipate their needs, and explore new and innovative ways to deliver services.
- Explore ways to grow the pool of volunteers nationally, particularly through mobilising younger volunteers.
- Develop and pilot new programs and services that make it easier and more enjoyable for volunteers to deliver great cricket experiences.
- Provide advice, insights and analysis to the Community Cricket function nationally as the respected voice on volunteering – in particular, staying across the latest industry research and trends to ensure cricket is always one step ahead.
- Ensure that our approach to engaging and communicating with volunteers is consistent and effective.
- Provide leadership to and collaborate with volunteer specialists in State & Territory Associations, including the identification and sharing of best practice.
- Build greater connection and networking between volunteers to develop a national community for learning, sharing and inspiration.
- Work closely with the Digital & Technology teams to ensure our suite of digital products to support volunteers is fit for purpose.
- Manage the delivery of the annual community cricket volunteer recognition event – the Commonwealth Bank A Sport for All Awards.
Putting yourself forward
At Cricket Australia, we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket, and we also offer a flexible work environment for employees. We measure ourselves on our behaviours – “How We Play”; our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.
We are a dynamic team, which is driven to serve our communities better, to make Cricket the number one sport in Australia, and to make Aussie sports inclusive for everyone!
To apply for this unique opportunity to join our team, all applications must be made here via Beam and include a cover letter with a snapshot what capability, values alignment and experience you bring to the role; by midday Friday 3 August.
Related Jobs (1)
Associate Director | Deals Analytics | Sydney | 3-4 days on August 2, 2018 Permanent Part Time